SubjectRe: Bug 4.1.16: self-detected stall in net/unix/?
On 02.02.2016 17:25, Philipp Hahn wrote:
> Hi,
>
> we recently updated our kernel to 4.1.16 + patch for "unix: properly
> account for FDs passed over unix sockets" and have since then
> self-detected stalls triggered by the Samba daemon:
>

> > [...]
> >

> We have not yet been able to reproduce the hang, but going back to our
> previous kernel 4.1.12 makes the problem go away.

Can you remove the patch "unix: properly account for FDs passed over
unix sockets" and see if the problem still happens?

I couldn't quickly see any problems with your added patch. I currently
suspect a tight loop because of a SOCK_DEAD flag set but the socket not
removed from unix_socket_table or the vfs. Hmmm...

The stack trace is rather unreliable, maybe something completely
different happend. Do you happend to see better reports?

> Is this a known issue or do you have an idea where to look?
> What information should I collect next time it happens?
>
> (Can unix_diag.ko with `ss` help?)

Would be interesting if it is a conventional file based socket or
autobounded one (sun_path[0] != '\0').

Thanks,
Hannes

  Last update: 2016-02-03 03:01    [W:0.093 / U:0.200 seconds]