    SubjectRe: Kernel docs: muddying the waters a bit
    Date
    On Tue, 16 Feb 2016, Jonathan Corbet <corbet@lwn.net> wrote:
    > Whether this is a show-stopper is indeed a good question. I doubt many
    > people wanted the DocBook for its own sake, it's a matter of where you
    > can go from there. But yes, it would be good to be sure on this point.

    So the question is, are HTML, latex (for pdf and presumably ps), epub,
    texinfo, and man pages enough?

    My subjective opinion is they are enough, and whoever wants more can
    make it work for them using pandoc. It's not like we had this great
    publishing framework before that we'd be breaking. Quite the opposite,
    and it would be awesome to have a robust set of outputs actually working
    for the majority of people.

    > There's a certain elegance to it that I like, but it is an idea that
    > needs to actually be demonstrated. It could also come later on, though,
    > with the docproc or include mechanisms used for now.

    Oh, totally agreed, I was just musing on potential follow-up work.

    BR,
    Jani.

      Last update: 2016-02-16 19:41    [W:2.941 / U:0.048 seconds]