SubjectRe: INFO: rcu_sched detected stalls on CPUs/tasks with `kswapd` and `mem_cgroup_shrink_node`
On Thu 01-12-16 21:10:01, Boris Zhmurov wrote:
> Michal Hocko 30/11/16 21:25:

> >> I didn't try that. I've tried 4 patches from Paul's linux-rcu tree.
> >> I can try another portion of patches, no problem :)
> >
> > Replacing cond_resched_rcu_qs in shrink_node_memcg by cond_resched would
> > be really helpful to tell whether we are missing a real scheduling point
> > or whether something more serious is going on here.
>
> Well, I can confirm, that replacing cond_resched_rcu_qs in
> shrink_node_memcg by cond_resched also makes dmesg clean from RCU CPU
> stall warnings.
>
> I've attached patch (just modification of Paul's patch), that fixes RCU
> stall messages in situations, when all memory is used by
> couchbase/memcached + fs cache and linux starts to use swap.

OK, thanks for the confirmation! I will send a patch because it is true
that we do not have any scheduling point if no pages can be isolated
fromm the LRU. This might be what you are seeing.
--
Michal Hocko
SUSE Labs

  Last update: 2016-12-02 10:38    [W:0.055 / U:0.828 seconds]