SubjectRe: [RFC 0/1] New PCI Switch Management Driver
I guess the obvious questions is: why is a driver for a PCI switch
necessary? The core works with all compliant switches today and there
are no specifics for a particular design or such.

So I guess I'd like to hear the reasoning and justifications for why a
driver for a common device that should conform to the specifications
and not seem to need any special considerations is required or desired
here.