SubjectRe: [v4.9-rc4] dvb-usb/cinergyT2 NULL pointer dereference
On 08/11/16 21:38, Mauro Carvalho Chehab wrote:
> Em Tue, 8 Nov 2016 22:15:24 +0100
> Benjamin Larsson <benjamin@southpole.se> escreveu:
>
>> On 11/08/2016 09:22 PM, Mauro Carvalho Chehab wrote:

>>> Calling it earlier won't work, as we need to load the firmware before
>>> sending the power control commands on some devices.
>>>
>>> Probably the best here is to pass an extra optional function parameter
>>> that will initialize the mutex before calling any functions.
>>>
>>> Btw, if it broke here, the DMA fixes will likely break on other drivers.
>>> So, after Jörg tests this patch, I'll work on a patch series addressing
>>> this issue on the other drivers I touched.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Mauro
>>
>> Just for reference I got the following call trace a week ago. I looks
>> like this confirms that other drivers are affected also.
>
> Yeah, I avoided serializing the logic that detects if the firmware is
> loaded, but forgot that the power control had the same issue. The
> newer dvb usb drivers use the dvb-usb-v2, so I didn't touch this
> code for a while.

I think the problem is that the usb buffer has been put in struct
cinergyt2_state private area which has not been initialized for initial
usb probing.

That was one of the main reasons for porting drivers to dvb-usb-v2.

Regards
Malcolm

  Last update: 2016-11-09 20:59    [W:0.042 / U:0.348 seconds]