SubjectRe: RFC: documentation of the autogroup feature [v2]
On Fri, Nov 25, 2016 at 05:33:23PM +0100, Michael Kerrisk (man-pages) wrote:

> Okay -- you're really quite the ASCII artist. And somehow,
> I think you needed to compose the mail in LaTeX. But thanks
> for the detail. It's helpful, for me at least.

Hehe, its been a while since I did LaTeX, so I'd probably make a mess of
it :-) Glad my ramblings made sense.

> > Note that this property, where the weight of the server entity is
> > independent from its child entities is a desired feature. Without that
> > it would be impossible to control the relative weights of groups, and
> > that is the sole parameter of the WFQ model.
> >
> > It is also why Linus so likes autogroups, each session competes equally
> > amongst one another.
>
> I get it. But, the behavior changes for the process nice value are
> undocumented, and they should be documented. I understand
> what the behavior change was. But not yet when.

Well, its all undocumented -- I suppose you're about to go fix that :-)

But think of it differently, think of the group as a container, then the
behaviour inside the container is exactly as expected.

  Last update: 2016-11-25 23:49    [W:0.071 / U:0.004 seconds]