SubjectRe: console issue since 3.6, console=ttyS1 hangs

On 11/05/2016 06:44 PM, Maciej W. Rozycki wrote:
> On Fri, 4 Nov 2016, Peter Hurley wrote:
>
>>> These bios screens do not have any mention of PNP settings.
>>> I am getting output over the console (via ipmi) until the boot hangs.
>> Yeah, probably the device actually decodes io address access anyway,
>> but in the disabled state probably has not routed IRQ.
>>
>> I have no idea how to help you with the bios, sorry.
> I'd look out for serial port, Super-I/O or COM1 port (which is how PC-DOS
> named the device some 35 years ago) settings rather than anything to do
> with PNP. Typically you'd be able to choose from a few classic combined
> I/O space address and IRQ assignments in addition to a `Disabled' setting.
>
> There might be a genuine BIOS bug there as well of course as serial ports
> seem to be less used these days and the issue may have escaped validation.
>
> Maciej

After getting back to this after some other hot issues came up I am sure
there is a bios bug, comparing acpidump of this box to other boxes
really makes it obvious.

I found pnpacpi=off allows me to boot fine and get console traffic.
However I was hoping to find something that cast a little narrower net.

Nate

  Last update: 2016-11-22 16:31    [W:0.121 / U:0.052 seconds]