SubjectRe: Formal description of system call interface
On Mon, Nov 21, 2016 at 7:14 AM, Dmitry Vyukov <dvyukov@google.com> wrote:

> Re more complex side effects. I always feared that a description suitable
> for automatic verification (i.e. zero false positives, otherwise it is useless)
> may be too difficult to achieve.
>
> Cyril, Tavis, can you come up with some set of predicates that can be
> checked automatically yet still useful?
> We can start small, e.g. "must not alter virtual address space".

Yes, I've been working on creating something like this, I have a
simple working prototype. I cant promise it has zero false positives
right now, but I think that is achievable.

Let me dig it up (I had put it on the back burner).

Tavis.

  Last update: 2016-11-21 16:36    [W:0.058 / U:0.380 seconds]