SubjectRe: [net-next 1/2] net: ethernet: slicoss: add slicoss gigabit ethernet driver
On 16.11.2016 00:03, Andrew Lunn wrote:

>> Thats essentially what I meant by setting a flag in the irq handler. The mdio
>> function would have to check somehow if the irq has been fired (be it by means
>> of a flag or a completion that is set by the irq handler and checked by the
>> mdio function). So I agree that it should work (if reading via the AP command
>> is actually possible).
>
> It seems odd you have a nice simple way to do writes, but reads are
> very complex. There might be a simple read method hiding somewhere.
>
> Andrew

I agree, it IS odd :).
But concerning reading the phy this is all I can see in the original source code:

http://lxr.free-electrons.com/source/drivers/staging/slicoss/slichw.h#L516

I strongly suspect that "RPHY" stand for "read phy". The only one who may
know for sure if there is another/better way is Christopher Harrer. He is also on CC
but I am not sure if he actually follows this discussion.

Lino

  Last update: 2016-11-16 00:15    [W:0.135 / U:0.220 seconds]