SubjectRe: Including images on Sphinx documents
Em Sun, 13 Nov 2016 12:52:50 -0700
Jonathan Corbet <corbet@lwn.net> escreveu:

> On Mon, 7 Nov 2016 07:55:24 -0200
> Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@s-opensource.com> wrote:
>
> > So, we have a few alternatives:
> >
> > 1) copy (or symlink) all rst files to Documentation/output (or to the
> > build dir specified via O= directive) and generate the *.pdf there,
> > and produce those converted images via Makefile.;
> >
> > 2) add an Sphinx extension that would internally call ImageMagick and/or
> > inkscape to convert the bitmap;
> >
> > 3) if possible, add an extension to trick Sphinx for it to consider the
> > output dir as a source dir too.
>
> So, obviously, I've been letting this go by while dealing with other
> stuff...
>
> I really think that 2) is the one we want. Copying all the stuff and
> operating on the copies, beyond being a bit of a hack, just seems like a
> recipe for weird build problems in the future.

Yes, (2) sounds to be the best option.

> We should figure out why PNG files don't work. Maybe I'll give that a
> try at some point soon, if I can find a moment. Working around tools
> bugs seems like the wrong approach.

I appreciate any efforts on that.

> Working from .svg seems optimial, but I don't like the --shell-escape
> thing at all.
>
> [Along those lines, we've picked up a lot of lines like this:
>
> restricted \write18 enabled.
>
> That, too, is shell execution stuff. I've not been able to figure out
> where it came from, but I would sure like to get rid of it...]

Didn't know that! I'm new to LaTeX. Frankly, the log output sounds
very scary to me, as there are lots of warnings there, and debugging
each of them takes time. I don't see any \write18 inside the generated
.tex files or inside the sphinx.sty file. Perhaps it comes from some
Tex extension, like adjustbox?

> jon

Thanks,
Mauro

  Last update: 2016-11-14 14:33    [W:0.263 / U:2.464 seconds]