SubjectRe: /dev/mem and PCI memory = EFAULT (regression?)
OK, thanks for the prompt reply, Andy!
I'll try your sysfs suggestion.

Let me just add a bit of CCs to get more people involved.
I believe the ram size involvement makes this smell like a bug,
plus it looks like a regression. Not that I am going to suffer
much (this pass-through stuff always breaks in a million of
different ways, I'll probably just remove it), but its still a very
questionable change IMO.

29.10.2016 00:26, Andy Lutomirski пишет:
> On Fri, Oct 28, 2016 at 2:18 PM, Stas Sergeev <stsp@list.ru> wrote:

>>> What is DOSEMU trying to do here? Access the framebuffer?
>>>
>>> ISTM it would be better to use the DRM or FB layer directly (just map
>>> the framebuffer itself) or, if necessary, use VFIO.
>> Yes, framebuffer.
>> Mapping fb directly is not really an option because dosemu does
>> its own modesetting when you do vga pass-through. So it is
>> usually started that way with "nomodeset=1" and w/o fb.
>> Yes, some crazy people try the pass-through even out of fb
>> console, but that's weird (the problem is most SDL2 builds do
>> not have directfb backend compiled in, otherwise we could
>> just use SDL rendering on top of fb).
>>
>> The thing is, I needed (for testing purposes, unrelated to dosemu)
>> some quick way to access the PCI memory space, and to my surprise I
>> couldn't do that with /dev/mem. Was this really disallowed intentionally?
> I believe so.
>
> Try the /sys/devices/.../resource? and resource?_wc files.
>
> --Andy

  Last update: 2016-10-29 00:08    [W:0.153 / U:0.192 seconds]