    SubjectRe: [v3,6/9] mm/page_owner: use stackdepot to store stacktrace
    Dear Joonsoo,

    Joonsoo Kim <js1304@gmail.com> writes:

    > Currently, we store each page's allocation stacktrace on corresponding
    > page_ext structure and it requires a lot of memory. This causes the
    > problem that memory tight system doesn't work well if page_owner is
    > enabled. Moreover, even with this large memory consumption, we cannot get
    > full stacktrace because we allocate memory at boot time and just maintain
    > 8 stacktrace slots to balance memory consumption. We could increase it to
    > more but it would make system unusable or change system behaviour.
    [...]

    This patch causes my Wandboard Quad [1] not to boot anymore. I don't get
    any kernel output, even with earlycon enabled
    (earlycon=ec_imx6q,0x02020000). git bisect pointed towards your patch;
    reverting the patch causes the system to boot fine again. Config is
    available at [2]; none of the defconfigs I tried (defconfig =
    multi_v7_defconfig, imx_v6_v7_defconfig) works for me.

    Haven't looked into this any further so far; hooking up a JTAG adapter
    requires some hardware changes as the JTAG header is unpopulated.

    Sascha

    PS: Please CC me on replies; I'm not subscribed to any of the lists.

    [1] http://www.wandboard.org/index.php/details/wandboard
    [2] https://sascha.silbe.org/tmp/config-4.8.4-wandboard-28-00003-g9e9b5d6
    --
    Softwareentwicklung Sascha Silbe, Niederhofenstraße 5/1, 71229 Leonberg
    https://se-silbe.de/

      Last update: 2016-10-26 15:13    [W:4.079 / U:0.048 seconds]