From: Christoph Hellwig [mailto:hch@infradead.org]
Sent: Friday, October 21, 2016 6:45 PM
To: Richard Weinberger <richard@nod.at>
Cc: Christoph Hellwig <hch@infradead.org>; Naga Sureshkumar Relli <nagasure@xilinx.com>; dwmw2@infradead.org; computersforpeace@gmail.com; dedekind1@gmail.com; adrian.hunter@intel.com; michal.simek@xilinx.com; Punnaiah Choudary Kalluri <punnaia@xilinx.com>; linux-mtd@lists.infradead.org; linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org; Boris Brezillon <boris.brezillon@free-electrons.com>
Subject: Re: UBIFS with dma on 4.6 kernel is not working

On Fri, Oct 21, 2016 at 03:07:57PM +0200, Richard Weinberger wrote:
> Hmm, thought this is still problematic on VIVT architectures.
> Boris tried to provide a solution for that some time ago:
> http://www.spinics.net/lists/arm-kernel/msg494025.html

Things have been working fine for approx 10 years when using flush_kernel_vmap_range before doing I/O using the physical addresses and then invalidate_kernel_vmap_range when completing the I/O and going back to using the virtual mapping for XFS.

Of course all this assumes at least the higher level that did the vm_map_ram operation knows about this dance between virtually mapped and physiscal addresses.

  Last update: 2016-10-25 09:25    [W:0.068 / U:3.136 seconds]