SubjectRe: [v2 2/2] fpga: Add support for Lattice iCE40 FPGAs
On Tue, 25 Oct 2016, Joel Holdsworth wrote:

> > Hi Joel,
> >
> > Thanks for submitting your driver!
> >
> > I didn't see any huge problems, just minor things below...
> >
> > Alan
> >

> Hi Alan, Thanks for your feedback. I've implemented all your suggestions and
> I'll resubmit.
>
> I had a question about the status of the fpga-manager framework. Is there
> active work going on? I was wondering if there were any patches for specifying
> a firmware file from device-tree?

Yes! I have submitted patches for doing exactly that. About to
submit v21. Here's patch 1 of v20:

https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/9379859/

> and/or if there were any patches for loading
> firmware from userspace - something like this: "cat firmware.bin >
> /dev/fpga0"?

We discussed doing a char driver interface. That's where all this
started. It met with lots of resistance.

> Only being able to load firmware from kernel C-code is rather a limitation -
> though I suppose the framework is quite early in development.
>
> Thanks
> Joel

  Last update: 2016-10-25 16:48    [W:1.195 / U:0.044 seconds]