    SubjectRe: rsi: Delete unnecessary variable initialisations in rsi_send_mgmt_pkt()
    > Every time you send a set of patches,

    I suggested some updates for Linux source files since October 2014.

    > there are legitimate issues which people raise,

    There was usual feedback.

    > and every time they are discussed,

    The discussion results were mixed between acceptance
    and usual disagreement.

    > you assert that your patches improve things

    I guess that should be the default intention of every patch, shouldn't it?

    > and seem to ignore the concerns people raise.

    I hope not. - But I can imagine that you might understand some responses
    from contributors in this way.
    Are you waiting for another clarification on a specific issue?

    > I've seen this same pattern of discussion here with these patches,
    > with your patches to move labels into if statements, with the patches
    > you sent late June last year, your patches to remove conditions before
    > kfree() and friends, etc.

    It seems that communication difficulties come partly from the fact
    that I chose search patterns from static source code analysis so far
    which belong to an error category that gets a lower priority.

    > You need to change you attitude: just because you can see some benefit
    > from your patches doesn't mean others do and it doesn't mean that
    > they're willing to accept them.

    I understand your advice.

    Further update suggestions with higher importance might follow for various
    software areas in the future.

    Regards,
    Markus

      Last update: 2016-01-05 17:41    [W:4.091 / U:0.240 seconds]