SubjectRe: net-libertas: Better exception handling in if_spi_host_to_card_worker()
>>> What the patch tries to do is avoid the extra 'if (err)'.
>>
>> Yes. - I propose to look at related consequences together with the usage
>> of a popular short jump label once more.
>
> When I read a subject saying "Better exception handling" it sounds like
> a functional improvement. Your change does not change anything
> functionally and may or may not save a bit of execution time depending
> on how smart the compiler is.

Can it eventually matter to skip another condition check in three cases?

> What you change does is confuse people reading the code.

A few software developers might find this proposal unusual.

> So please explain why your update improves exception handling here.
> I don't see it.

How does this feedback fit to the mentioned check avoidance?

> The code is not making the driver more robust against failures

That's true for this update suggestion.

> in this function, which is what I think of reading "better exception handling".

Other implementation details are affected by the shown fine-tuning.

Regards,
Markus

  Last update: 2016-01-03 14:01    [W:0.510 / U:20.288 seconds]