SubjectRe: Kernel 4.1.6 Panic due to slab corruption
On Tue, 8 Sep 2015, Nikolay Borisov wrote:

> > You have read https://www.kernel.org/doc/Documentation/vm/slub.txt?
>
> I've read that I'm also following the merge/nomerge thread on the DM
> mailing list. I guess my understanding is wrong in that if multiple slab
> caches are merged, then it's enough to just instrument the cache to
> which they are being merge in order to have them all instrumented? I
> guess that's not the case, so even though slab caches might be merge
> they are still somehow considered different entities in the kernel?

Enabling debugging on bootup disables merging.

If you switch debug options later then its possible to affect all aliases
caches. But then these option changes are only allowed to be used in such
a way as to not affect the object layout. You can switch on sanity checks
and double free checks I believe but nothing else.

  Last update: 2015-09-08 17:41    [W:0.052 / U:0.048 seconds]