SubjectRe: eBPF / seccomp globals?
From
On Fri, Sep 4, 2015 at 1:29 PM, Michael Tirado <mtirado418@gmail.com> wrote:
>> What we did in Chrome OS was to use the "minijail" tool[2] to
>> LD_PRELOAD a .so that sets up the seccomp filter after the exec. It's
>> a bit of a hack, but works in well-defined environments. You are
>> talking about namespaces, though, so maybe minijail is worth a look?
>> It does that too and a whole lot more.
>
> Minijail is pretty similar to what I have been working on the past few
> months, unfortunately I have already written it, doh! Those slides
> are a good resource, definitely helpful as introduction to seccomp.
>
> So it seems there are no easy solutions to this problem. Using
> LD_PRELOAD to defer seccomp filter application scares me a little bit,
> and won't work with file capabilities IIRC, though it is a damn clever

Do you still need file capabilities with the availability of the new
ambient capabilities?

https://s3hh.wordpress.com/2015/07/25/ambient-capabilities/
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.kernel.lsm/24034

> solution. I think for now I will explore the possibility of
> validating argument 1 of exec to allow only the program I am launching
> to be exec'd, so if somehow by Thor's hammer that program escapes it's
> sandbox, it will only be able to exec itself. I suppose it will have
> to now be restricted to absolute paths only.

Well, you can only examine the memory address and not what's pointed
to, so you may be out of luck there too. Sorry! On the TODO list is
doing deep argument inspection, but it is not an easy thing to get
right. :)

-Kees

--
Kees Cook
Chrome OS Security

  Last update: 2015-09-04 23:01    [W:0.122 / U:0.516 seconds]