SubjectRe: Glibc recvmsg from kernel netlink socket hangs forever
Herbert,

On 09/25/2015 08:55 AM, Herbert Xu wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 24, 2015 at 10:34:10PM -0700, Guenter Roeck wrote:
>>
>> Any idea what may be needed for 4.1 ?
>> I am currently trying https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/473041/,
>
> This patch should not make any difference on 4.1 and later because
> 4.1 is where I rewrote rhashtable resizing and it should work (or
> if it is broken then the latest kernel should be broken too).
>
>> but I have no idea if that will help with the problem we are seeing there.
>
> Having looked at your message agin I don't think the issue I
> alluded to is relevant since the symptom there ought to be a
> straight kernel lock-up as opposed to just a user-space one because
> you will end up with the kernel sending a message to itself.
>
> And the fact that 4.2 works is more indicative as the bug is
> present in both 4.1 and 4.2.
>
> I'll try to reproduce this in 4.1 as time permits but no promises.

After applying your two patches, I don't see the problem in 4.1 anymore.
We'll run the system through regression; the complete cycle may take
a couple of weeks. I'll let you know if we find any further problems.

If you submit additional patches in that area, it would be great if you
can Cc: me.

Thanks,
Guenter

  Last update: 2015-09-26 06:01    [W:0.226 / U:1.312 seconds]