SubjectRe: First kernel patch (optimization)
Hi Erik,

> Yeah, I'm still reading this email thread and learned lots from it.
> I'm working on something more meaningful, but it's not going to be
> ground breaking of course, there is a led on my capslock key on a new
> machine I won at work that does not switch off properly after it is
> switched on.

Is it Debian-derivative by any chance? Their capslock setup is wonky
because CapsLock key does no actually set up as a CapsLock but another
modifier. Also is it in X or is it on text console? Because X handles
led state on its own...

> I think it is something to do with the LED_CAPSL variable
> in here:
> drivers/hid/usbhid/usbkbd.c

I do not think you are using usbkbd driver - it is for keyboards in
"boot protocol" and barely anyone users them in such mode. You need to
look into drivers/hid/hid-input.c.

 \ /
  Last update: 2015-09-26 00:41    [W:0.076 / U:0.284 seconds]