SubjectRe: [RFC 0/5] console/acpi: add DBG2 and SPCR console configuration
From
Hi Leif,

On Tue, Sep 8, 2015 at 8:43 PM, Leif Lindholm <leif.lindholm@linaro.org> wrote:
> Support for configuring bootconsole and console via the ACPI tables
> DBG2 (Debug Port Table 2) [1] and SPCR (Serial Port Console Redirection
> Table) [2], defined by Microsoft, has been discussed on and off over the
> years.
>
> [1] https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/dn639131(v=vs.85).aspx
> [2] https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/dn639132(v=vs.85).aspx
>
> Licensing concerns have prevented this happening in the past, but as of
> 10 August 2015, these tables have both been released also under OWF 1.0
> (http://www.openwebfoundation.org/legal/the-owf-1-0-agreements/owfa-1-0)
> which is think is noncontroversially GPL-compatible?
>
> This set is a first attempt at implementing this.

From distribution view, the patchset looks very useful.

I have one simple question, are there other candidates for conveying this kind
of information like what DBG2/SPCR does? Or are DBG2 and SPCR the
offical speficiations to do such things in ARM server industry?

Thanks,

  Last update: 2015-09-23 10:01    [W:0.210 / U:0.208 seconds]