SubjectRe: [RFC 6/9] net: dsa: mv88e6352: allow egress of unknown multicast
Hi Guenter,

On Jun 2, 2015, at 9:52 PM, Vivien Didelot vivien.didelot@savoirfairelinux.com wrote:
> On Jun 2, 2015, at 10:20 AM, Guenter Roeck linux@roeck-us.net wrote:
>> On 06/01/2015 06:27 PM, Vivien Didelot wrote:
>>> This patch disables egress of unknown unicast destination addresses.
>>>

>> Hi Vivien,
>>
>> seems to me this patch is unrelated to the rest of the series.
>>
>> Not sure if we really want this. If an address is in the arp cache
>> but has timed out from the bridge database, any unicast to that address
>> will no longer be sent. If the bridge database has been flushed for some
>> reason, such as a spanning tree reconfiguration, we'll have a hard time
>> to send anything.
>>
>> What is the problem you are trying to solve with this patch ?
>
> TBH, I don't remember which one of the test cases I described in 0/9
> this patch was solving... Some ARP request didn't propagate correctly
> without this, IIRC.
>
> I'll try to revert the change and do my tests again in order to isolate
> the problem.

Indeed, it seems like this patch is not necessary. I removed it and I
was still able to ping a tagged and untagged port from an untagged one.

I will remove it from this serie.

Thanks,
-v

  Last update: 2015-06-10 01:01    [W:0.059 / U:0.272 seconds]