SubjectRe: Question about HighPoint RocketRAID 642L SCSI driver conflict with Linux AHCI driver
Hello,

On Thu, Jun 04, 2015 at 01:05:49PM +0800, linux wrote:
> Dear Tejun Heo,
>
> This is HighPoint Linux Team. We found Linux AHCI driver since kernel 3.16
> has added ID (0x06421103) to support RocketRAID 642L which is not what we
> expected. If we want to load HighPoint RR642L RAID version Linux SCSI
> driver, it becomes conflict each other. This affects our customers who need
> to use our RAID version driver stack.
>
> Hence, this is to ask Linux how to solve this conflict with AHCI driver?
> and why Linux wants to add RR642L ID (0x06421103) into AHCI driver? Is there
> any way to prevent this in the future?

Hmmm... so, you're trying to load a proprietary driver but you're
having problem because in-kernel ahci attaches to the driver?

* If the driver is built-in, putting the proprietary driver before
ahci in Makefile will make that driver probe before ahci.

* If module, ahci can be unbound by echoing the PCI bus ID to
/sys/bus/pci/drivers/ahci/unbind and then bind that to the
proprietary driver.

* Or you can tell pci-stub driver do grab the PCI ID so that ahci
doesn't probe it at all. Once the proprietary driver becomes
available, the device can be rebound to the driver.

Thanks.

--
tejun

  Last update: 2015-06-04 07:41    [W:0.044 / U:0.528 seconds]