SubjectRe: [GIT PULL 0/6] perf/core improvements and fixes

* pi3orama <pi3orama@163.com> wrote:

> 发自我的 iPhone
>
> > 在 2015年6月4日,下午8:40,Ingo Molnar <mingo@kernel.org> 写道:

> >> I think compiling on the fly is our goal, and Alexei is working on it.
> >
> > So what exact command line are you using to create the .o?
> >
> > What exactly should users type to create a simple eBPF filter profile?
>
> I have mentioned in previous mail:
>
> Use
>
> # perf record -e bpf_source.c cmdline
>
> to create a eBPF filter from source,
>
> Use
>
> # perf record -e bpf_object.o cmdline
>
> to create a eBPF filter from object intermedia.
>
> Use
>
> # perf bpf compile bpf_source.c --kbuild=kernel-build-dir -o bpf_object.o
>
> to create the .o
>
> I think this should be enough. Currently only the second case has been implemented.

So if users cannot actually generate .o files then it's premature to merge this in
such an incomplete form!

It should be possible to use a feature that we are merging.

Thanks,

Ingo

  Last update: 2015-06-04 16:21    [W:0.604 / U:0.020 seconds]