SubjectRe: [RFC 3/9] net: dsa: mv88e6xxx: add support for VTU ops
On 06/02/2015 11:53 PM, Scott Feldman wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 2, 2015 at 3:31 PM, nolan <nolan@cumulusnetworks.com> wrote:
>> On 06/02/2015 12:44 AM, Scott Feldman wrote:
>>>
>>> That brings up an interesting point about having multiple bridges with
>>> the same vlan configured. I struggled with that problem with rocker
>>> also and I don't have an answer other than "don't do that". Or,
>>> better put, if you have multiple bridge on the same vlan, just use one
>>> bridge for that vlan. Otherwise, I don't know how at the device level
>>> to partition the vlan between the bridges. Maybe that's what Vivien
>>> is facing also? I can see how this works for software-only bridges,
>>> because they should be isolated from each other and independent. But
>>> when offloading to a device which sees VLAN XXX global across the
>>> entire switch, I don't see how we can preserve the bridge boundaries.
>>

>> Scott,
>>
>> I'm confused by this. I think you're saying this config is problematic:
>>
>> br0: eth0.100, eth1.100
>> br1: eth2.100, eth3.100
>>

>> But this works fine today.
>
> Ya, this is going to work because br0 and br1 are bridging untagged
> traffic, but br0 and br1 have different internal VLAN ids for untagged
> traffic, so there is no crosstalk between bridges.
>
> (I'm assuming since you used the ethX.100 format, you've vconfig
> created a vlan interface on ethX and added the vlan interface to brY).
> The vlan interface eats the vlan tag and the bridge sees untagged
> traffic.
>
>> Could you clarify the issue you're referring to?
>
> I'm talking about bridging tagged traffic. E.g.:
>
> ip link add name br0 type bridge
> ip link add name br1 type bridge
>
> ip link set dev sw1p1 master br0
> ip link set dev sw1p2 master br0
> ip link set dev sw1p3 master br1
> ip link set dev sw1p4 master br1
>
> bridge vlan add vid 100 dev sw1p1
> bridge vlan add vid 100 dev sw1p2
> bridge vlan add vid 100 dev sw1p3
> bridge vlan add vid 100 dev sw1p4
>
> Now the ports are trunking vlan 100 and the bridge/device see tagged
> traffic. If the device used floods vlan 100 pkt to all ports in vlan
> 100, it'll flood to a port outside the bridge. Oops! For the device
> I'm using (rocker w/ OF-DPA) the bridging table matches on vlan ID and
> mac_dst. There is no prevision to isolate vlans per bridge.
>
> How do you solve the above case with your hardware?

We could use separate FIDs per vlan/bridge group, ie don't assume
that fid == vid.

A simple solution might be to just set the fid to the fid used by
the bridge. That would not support 802.1s, though.

Guenter

  Last update: 2015-06-03 17:01    [W:0.140 / U:0.272 seconds]