SubjectRe: [RFC 3/9] net: dsa: mv88e6xxx: add support for VTU ops
On 06/02/2015 12:44 AM, Scott Feldman wrote:
> That brings up an interesting point about having multiple bridges with
> the same vlan configured. I struggled with that problem with rocker
> also and I don't have an answer other than "don't do that". Or,
> better put, if you have multiple bridge on the same vlan, just use one
> bridge for that vlan. Otherwise, I don't know how at the device level
> to partition the vlan between the bridges. Maybe that's what Vivien
> is facing also? I can see how this works for software-only bridges,
> because they should be isolated from each other and independent. But
> when offloading to a device which sees VLAN XXX global across the
> entire switch, I don't see how we can preserve the bridge boundaries.

Scott,

I'm confused by this. I think you're saying this config is problematic:

br0: eth0.100, eth1.100
br1: eth2.100, eth3.100

But this works fine today.

Could you clarify the issue you're referring to?

Thanks,
- nolan

  Last update: 2015-06-03 01:21    [W:0.140 / U:0.040 seconds]