    SubjectRe: [REGRESSION] NFS is creating a hidden port (left over from xs_bind() )
    On Fri, 19 Jun 2015 20:37:45 -0400
    Steven Rostedt <rostedt@goodmis.org> wrote:

    > > Is it causing any other damage than the rkhunter warning you reported?
    >
    > Well, not that I know of. Are you sure that this port will be
    > reconnected, and is not just a leak. Not sure if you could waste more
    > ports this way with connections to other machines. I only have my
    > wife's box connect to this server. This server is actually a client to
    > my other boxes.
    >
    > Although the rkhunter warning is the only thing that triggers, I still
    > would think this is a stable fix, especially if the port is leaked and
    > not taken again.

    I did some experiments. If I unmount the directories from my wife's
    machine and remount them, the port that was hidden is fully closed.
    Maybe it's not that big of a deal after all.

    -- Steve