SubjectRe: [Patch V1 2/3] x86, mce: Add infrastructure required to support LMCE
On Mon, Jun 01, 2015 at 11:48:57AM -0700, Raj, Ashok wrote:
> If you got a blank email, sorry about that. Its been a while since i used
> mutt and my setup was goofed up probably. Or i might have read your
> signature a bit too literally :-)

LOL.

> I did re-organize this to read better in my upcoming post. But in
> general reading FEATURE_CONTROL isn't bad. It wont trip on a #GP for
> e.g. FEATURE_CONTROL has been around for a while.

Are you sure? Have you checked booting on qemu+kvm too?

I mean, I'm fine with whatever MSR access ordering we do as long as
nothing breaks. Obviously.

> Good point. Its required by architecture, since it depends on recovery
> support in processors to work. I forgot to add that to the SDM when
> i made those updates. I will update the SDM appropriately on my next
> attempt at it.

Ok, cool. Please add this fact to the commit message too.

> Sorry about my config challenges.. hopefully this makes it out with
> all the responses :-)

No worries, looks good :-)

--
Regards/Gruss,
Boris.

ECO tip #101: Trim your mails when you reply.

  Last update: 2015-06-01 22:21    [W:0.065 / U:9.396 seconds]