SubjectRe: Why isn't IRQ shared for i2c-ocore
From
On Thu, May 7, 2015 at 9:01 AM, Lee Jones <lee.jones@linaro.org> wrote:
>> I have a follow up question regarding interrupt. I see many I2C bus drivers
>> request interrupt with flag = 0. Why not using IRQF_SHARED?
>
> Probably because that particular IRQ is only used by the I2C
> Controller. I'm not exactly sure that you're getting at? Why do you
> think it should be shared? You should only flag it as shared if it
> is.

However, that's something the driver can't know.
Sharing interrupts is an integration property. The same IP core may share its
interrupt on one SoC, and not on another.

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

Geert

-- Linus Torvalds

  Last update: 2015-05-08 09:21    [W:0.072 / U:1.088 seconds]