SubjectRe: how to have the kernel do udev's job and autoload the right modules ?
From
On Tue, May 5, 2015 at 11:26 PM, Ken Moffat <zarniwhoop@ntlworld.com> wrote:
> I don't think you have ever given any context about what you are
> trying to do. It looks to me as if there are two alternatives:
(...)
I am trying to write a minimal rc.sysinit
Only the udev part is missing , because the kernel doesn't
know how to modprobe many modules by itself.
(Without udev, I can boot up to desktop, but sound , network and
full screen video are missing.)

> 1. You are building for a particular machine.
> 2. You are building a distro.
> ĸen
(...)
I need it to work for any hardware, (well normal pc), so answer 2.
I need udev to detect and modprobe which modules are needed.

linuxcbon

  Last update: 2015-05-06 03:21    [W:0.137 / U:0.416 seconds]