SubjectRe: [REGRESSION] 4.1-rc4: Sound muted after boot
Date
Am Donnerstag, 21. Mai 2015, 11:16:24 schrieb Takashi Iwai:
> At Thu, 21 May 2015 10:53:46 +0200,
>
> Martin Steigerwald wrote:
> > Am Donnerstag, 21. Mai 2015, 06:28:24 schrieb Takashi Iwai:

> > > Please run alsa-info.sh at both working and non-working cases (with
> > > old and new kernels), and attach the outputs. Run the script with
> > > --no-upload option.
> >
> > All attached.
> >
> > I also have full dmesg outputs available in case it is needed.
> >
> > > Also, such a problem is rather the device permissions problem.
> > > Check the device permissions of /dev/snd/* files (also check getfacl
> > > /dev/snd/*, too).
> >
> > If its a permissions problem, why does it happen with 4.1-rc4, but not
> > with 4.0.1 oder any earlier kernels?
>
> I wanted to mean it's rather "often" a permission problem. Not
> necessarily your case, but still worth to check.
>
> The mute LED behavior change is because of the new control added
> recently. You seem to have changed the value to "On" while the
> default should be "Follow Master". This explains the difference of
> behavior from 4.0. It's no regression but manual misconfiguration by
> user. In this mode, LED has no connection with the sound output at
> all.

I didn´t change ALSA configuration on upgrade from 4.0 to 4.1. Can it be it
picked "On" as default? Cause I certainly didn´t touch this. Unless it could
have been changed on earlier kernels as well. Well then it could be, cause
there have been times I tried to set stuff in ALSA for various reasons, but
quite some time ago.

I only changed "Auto-Mute Mod" to "disabled" as I tried to debug the muting
issue, but other than that I didn´t change

> Other than that, no different is seen in the hardware level. The
> codec registers show all same values. That is, from the driver POV,
> the sound should work. (Though, you set "Disabled" to "Auto-Mute
> Mode" control which looks rather weird.)
>
> So, revert "Mute-LED Mode" control to "Follow Master". It can be done
> via alsamixer, amixer or whatever. Then check whether the sound
> works again. Check also from the headphone, too.

That works. Thank you. Headphone I will check later.

Ciao,

  Last update: 2015-05-21 12:21    [W:0.057 / U:0.396 seconds]