SubjectLooking for extensible kernel database format
Hey folks,

next week I'd like to address replacing the need for CRDA [0] as a
udev helper with in-kernel functionality There's a few motivations
for this but a good one is that the kernel already has now
cryptographic support to verify the integrity of the regulatory
database, just as it has support for verifying the integrity of
modules / firmware. We'd use something like:

request_file(file_reqs)

Where the file_reqs provides the requirements, including cryptographic
requirements, and I suspect we'd use LSM to vet for the cryptographic
needs of the file.

Now other than this step CRDA currently *reads* a database and today
we have our own format. If we want to extend this though we will have
to issue a new regdb format and old kernels might not be compatible
with the new format. This is a typical database problem and I'm hoping
we are not the first to deal with this. What *extensible* kernel
database format are there already, are they generic already? I'd
prefer something already using netlink.

Any recommendations?

[0] https://wireless.wiki.kernel.org/en/developers/regulatory/crda

Luis

  Last update: 2015-04-10 03:41    [W:0.037 / U:0.504 seconds]