SubjectRe: about the flood of trivial patches and the Code of Conduct
Am 07.04.2015 um 13:32 schrieb Peter Zijlstra:
> On Tue, Apr 07, 2015 at 01:28:27PM +0200, Richard Weinberger wrote:
>> Can't we send all these kind of patches through the trivial tree?
>> Don't get me wrong, if you are fine with these patches that's you decision.
>> But other maintainers might think they have to take these patches and
>> get overloaded. I'm thinking of drivers maintainers that can only work
>> one or two hours per week on Linux.
>> Not everyone works full time on it like you.
>>
>> I propose to send all this stuff though the trivial tree such that maintainers
>> of other subsystems have less workload and newbies (which are supposed
>> to send such patches) know which tree they have to work against.
>> Let's have to well defined and ordered. :-)
>
> As per the other branch of this tree; an emphatic NO to that. The
> trivial tree is not a backdoor to bypass maintainers. Actual code
> changes do not get to go through any tree but the maintainer tree unless
> explicitly ACKed.

I agree that the series in question is useless.
But if a patch is trivial it can go through the trivial tree.
By trivial I really mean *trivial* in terms of typos
and 80 character limit crap.
It has to be something which does not hurt and the maintainer
can safely ignore.

Thanks,
//richard

  Last update: 2015-04-07 14:21    [W:0.298 / U:0.608 seconds]