    SubjectRe: [GIT PULL] kdbus for 4.1-rc1
    On Wed, Apr 29, 2015 at 12:26:59PM -0400, John Stoffel wrote:
    > If your customers wnat this feature, you're more than welcome to fork
    > the kernel and support it yourself. Oh wait... Redhat does that
    > already. So what's the problem? Just put it into RHEL (which I use
    > I admit, along with Debian/Mint) and be done with it.

    Harald,

    If you make the RHEL initramfs harder to debug in the field, I will
    await the time when some Red Hat field engineers will need to do the
    same sort of thing I have had to do in the field, and be amused when
    they want to shake you very warmly by the throat. :-)

    Seriously, keep things as simple as possible in the initramfs; don't
    use complicated bus protocols; that way lies madness. Enterprise
    systems aren't constantly booting (or they shouldn't be, if your
    kernels are sufficiently reliable :-), so trying to optimize for an
    extra 2 or 3 seconds worth of boot time really, REALLY isn't worth it.

    - Ted

      Last update: 2015-04-30 01:01    [W:6.525 / U:0.880 seconds]