SubjectRe: screen goes blank when loading gma500_gfx (atom D2500)
19.03.2015 14:56, One Thousand Gnomes wrote:
> On Thu, 19 Mar 2015 14:09:29 +0300
> Michael Tokarev <mjt@tls.msk.ru> wrote:
>
>> Half a year passed since my first email in this thread, and current kernels
>> (4.0-tobe) still does not work properly. Meanwhile, I found this thread:
>> http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/slackware-installation-40/black-screen-on-intel-desktopboard-d2500cc-4175503983/
>> which seems to help. I wonder where they got these boot params from...
>>

> Its one of the standard suggestions for dealing with wonky DRM I think.
>
> If that makes the difference on your box can you send me a dmidecode of
> it, and I'll see if we can at least teach the driver that the 2500CC
> needs LVDS enabled regardless of what the BIOS reports.

Ok. actually this is not so simple.

Yes, LVDS:d makes a difference. Namely, it enables monitor connected to
VGA-0 to function.

But once I plug in a digital monitor (DVI-0), screen goes blank when loading
the module again, and this time, it does not matter whenever I specify any
video= options (trying to disable any combinations of listed adaptors),
screen is always blank.

So basically the thing is still unusable. Because d-sub connection isn't
stable (picture "trembles" depending on the cable and environment conditions),
while digital option does not work.

In bios, there's an option to ENable LVDS (it is disabled by default) and
once enabled, to make it primary or secondary (with either automatically
or manually choosen secondary/primary, being d-sub or dvi). When I enable
LVDS with any other monitor in bios, the thing does not work again, the
same way (screen goes blank once the module is loaded), but now d-sub/vga
monitor does not work too.

Ouf of curiocity I tried to run windows7 on this machine. Apparently it
works with dvi monitor just fine and supports configuration with 2 monitors.
Maybe they have some quirks in the drivers, I dunno...

Thanks,

/mjt

  Last update: 2015-04-02 13:41    [W:0.089 / U:0.112 seconds]