SubjectRe: [git pull] vfs part 3
From
On Wed, Apr 15, 2015 at 9:04 PM, Al Viro <viro@zeniv.linux.org.uk> wrote:

> That leaves only the actual d_inode annotations series out of the
> stuff already in for-next; there are several piles of stuff from various
> folks I'm going to add there tonight, leave it all to stew until the middle
> of the next week or so and send the final pull request then. I hoped to do
> that last bit on Monday, but since there won't be -next on Thursday and
> Friday, this will probably have to happen a couple of days later ;-/

We can just leave that for next time.

I abhor this "feed things in chunks _during_ the merge window".

If this had been four different and separate branches that did
separate cleanups and had all been independently of each other in
linux-next since before the merge window, and had been in a "ready to
merge" state, that would be one thing. But this kind of "let's feed
Linus one chunk, then work on the next one" is not how it is supposed
to work. Not during the merge window,

Linus

  Last update: 2015-04-17 05:41    [W:0.050 / U:0.076 seconds]