SubjectRe: [GIT PULL] kdbus for 4.1-rc1
> The reason that 'everyone who works in this area' adopted is not as much
> that the design is sound (I'm not arguing whether it is or isn't in this
> case) as it is that none of them could come up with anything better.

Actually most message passing code uses things like JMS and the various
MQ libraries. Most IoT uses things other than dbus, small deep embedded
never uses dbus.

In the desktop space dbus wins because its very very easy to use and by
network effects. Everything else related already talks via dbus, so you
are going to have to talk dbus anyway to get anything done.

Alan

  Last update: 2015-04-16 00:41    [W:0.398 / U:0.016 seconds]