SubjectRe: [GIT PULL] kdbus for 4.1-rc1
On Wed, Apr 15, 2015 at 01:20:37PM -0400, Steven Rostedt wrote:
> > I don't know too many other kernel features/drivers that have taken this
> > long, or done this "slowly", do you?
>
> What other features/drivers that you know introduce a major new IPC
> user space interface that will be a core component of the system?

We've been merging these about one every other kernel release for a
while now. Look at the drivers/misc/mic/ for one such example, there
are many others like this that are dealing with distributed systems and
having the kernel communicate between them through some custom userspace
api. Usually ioctls :)

We merge a lot of stuff, and unfortunately it's hard to get a view of
everything that happens all the time. I suggest reading at least the
shortlog summary of every commit if people are curious, I know I do.

thanks,

greg k-h

  Last update: 2015-04-15 20:01    [W:1.875 / U:0.108 seconds]