    SubjectRe: [GIT PULL] kdbus for 4.1-rc1
    On Wed, Apr 15, 2015 at 01:49:36PM +0200, Greg Kroah-Hartman wrote:
    > > There is no comparison between the elegance of X11 property setting and a
    > > chunk of proposed kernel code that is half the size of a tiny X server!
    >
    > Hey, take that up with Havoc, he made the comparison :)

    Let me get it straight - you swing the reference to his posting as damn nearly
    the main argument, and yet you make _this_ reply when it gets questioned?
    Seriously?

    There's nothing wrong with "go read $PAPER, a lot of your questions are
    addressed there", but only if you are ready to answer the questions and
    objections from those who have read it. "Hey, take that up with
    $AUTHOR" doesn't cut it; try anything even remotely similar with e.g.
    reviewers of academic paper and see where it ends up.

    Havoc isn't submitting that thing; you are. If you are not qualified to
    defend your design and he is, try to talk him into doing that.

    Frankly, the longer it goes, the less I like the picture. It will be up to
    Linus, of course, but IMO the whole situation seriously stinks. ;-/

      Last update: 2015-04-15 15:21    [W:4.623 / U:0.072 seconds]