SubjectRe: [GIT PULL] kdbus for 4.1-rc1
On Tue, 14 Apr 2015, Steven Rostedt wrote:

> I believe that Linux Plumbers is still accepting MicroConferences. I
> wonder if this would be a good one to have. Try to get everyone face to
> face and talk about how exactly kdbus should be implemented in the
> kernel.

I personally would even put more emphasis on a session that would first
focus on "why", before we look at "how".

I have already asked about this during the earlier RFC submissions, but
the only "take-home message" I took from that discussion was "because it's
faster than what we currently have". I don't find that a sufficient
justification by itself for something so complex (with potential
implications all over the place for the whole Linux ecosystem), especially
given the fact we already have sealed memfds zerocopy etc (and I am not
even talking about the "infinite set-in-stone userspace API" implications
this has).

So definitely +1 from me for this discussion to happen, being it either
LPC (which I will unfortunately probably have to miss due to personal
reaons this year) or KS. It might help people like me, who have trouble
understanding why we need it, and LKML discussions don't provide enough
answers for them.

Thanks,

--
Jiri Kosina
SUSE Labs

  Last update: 2015-04-15 00:21    [W:0.197 / U:9.952 seconds]