SubjectRe: linux-next: build warnings after merge of the char-misc tree
On Mon, 13 Apr 2015 12:43:28 +0200
Greg KH <greg@kroah.com> wrote:
^

> > Introduced by commit a0a927d06d79 ("mei: me: add io register tracing")
> > interacting with commit acd388fd3af3 ("tracing: Give system name a
> > pointer") from the ftrace tree.
> >
> > TRACE_SYSTEM_STRING should be removed from drivers/misc/mei/mei-trace.h
> > as it is not being used anywhere in the mei-trace code.
>
> That's nice for such system-wide changes to be done at the last possible
> minute in the development cycle :(

Hmm, sorry. I'll try to figure out what happened. A lot of this was
done earlier, but I was waiting for acks an also making sure it worked,
and doing lots of iterations of testing. Unfortunately, I only tested
against what was in mainline, not what was in linux-next. I should have
done that too.

> Anyway, someone from the trace subsystem wish to send me a patch for
> this?

I'll download latest linux-next and take a look at the carnage. This is
something that may break builds, but is pretty straight forward that
shouldn't cause anything serious to break at run time.

-- Steve

  Last update: 2015-04-13 16:41    [W:0.075 / U:0.732 seconds]