SubjectRe: Remove execution domain support
On Sat, Apr 11, 2015 at 01:52:21PM -0700, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 11, 2015 at 1:47 PM, Richard Weinberger <richard@nod.at> wrote:
> >
> > The removal will make architecutre specific signal handling easier
> > and there is no need to keep execuction domains as this feature is
> > obviously incomplete and abandoned
>
> Ack. The whole exec domain made some code code pretty inscrutable.
>
> So I'd certainly be willing to pull this during the 4.1 merge window
> if nobody complains.
>
> Anybody?

IIRC, only two places really used that thing - iBCS2 shite and RISCOS
compat one. The former isnot in the tree at all, and I've no idea
how many users does the latter one have. Probably not many, judging by this:
config ARTHUR
tristate "RISC OS personality"
depends on !AEABI
help
Say Y here to include the kernel code necessary if you want to run
Acorn RISC OS/Arthur binaries under Linux. This code is still very
experimental; if this sounds frightening, say N and sleep in peace.
You can also say M here to compile this support as a module (which
will be called arthur).

rmk might have a better idea of whether anyone gives a damn...

  Last update: 2015-04-11 23:41    [W:0.233 / U:0.452 seconds]