SubjectRe: linux-next: Tree for Mar 31 (build failures and culprits)
On Tue, Mar 31, 2015 at 07:17:36PM -0700, Guenter Roeck wrote:
> On 03/31/2015 04:07 PM, Greg Kroah-Hartman wrote:
> >You need 3.17 kernel headers to have memfd_create, not much the kdbus
> >test code can do about that. You might want to update the kernel
> >headers for these build boxes.
> >

> Seems there are brand-new requirements for kernel builds. The toolchain determines
> the headers used, not the native kernel (which, FWIW, is 3.19). You might want
> to document somewhere that "allmodconfig" and possibly "allyesconfig" now only
> builds if the toolchain is based on 3.17+ kernel headers.
>
> I think I'll just drop those allmodconfig builds instead, or find a means to drop
> the samples/kdbus builds. Sorry, my time is limited. Building toolchains costs a
> lot of time, which I simply don't have. Keep in mind that I am doing all this on
> my own spare time. You are putting a lot of burden on people doing test builds.

You _can_ avoid it by seeding those configurations. You place the
options you want to force to a specific value in a file, and then
do:

make allmodconfig KCONFIG_ALLCONFIG=seed-config-file

So, to turn off samples:

CONFIG_SAMPLES=n

in seed-config-file. Hence, you can still do an allmodconfig build but
without building the samples subdir.

--
FTTC broadband for 0.8mile line: currently at 10.5Mbps down 400kbps up
according to speedtest.net.

  Last update: 2015-04-01 10:41    [W:0.077 / U:0.168 seconds]