SubjectRe: regcache_sync() errors for read-only registers cache
At Mon, 2 Mar 2015 18:24:18 +0000,
Mark Brown wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 27, 2015 at 01:59:30PM +0100, Takashi Iwai wrote:
>
> > A quick fix is the patch like below, but obviously it doesn't cover
> > the all cases but only addresses the signle rw.
>
> Please don't bury patches in the middle of mails, that just means that
> if the patch is useful it's painful to apply.

The --scissors option of git am is your friend.

> Your patch seems fine but
> can you please resend in a directly applyable format unless something in
> the below indicates against that...

Hm, so do you think that my patch is the best way to fix? I wasn't
sure about it, that's why I wrote in that style.

> > Also, _regmap_write() itself calls again regmap_writeable(), so it's
> > superfluous. Alternatively, we may check -EIO from _regmap_write()
> > and treat as a special case not to show the error. Or, add a
> > parameter to skip regmap_writeable() call.
>
> I'm sorry but I can't parse the above - what is "it" in this context?

regmap_wrietable() call in _regmap_write().

> Silently ignoring -EIO from the physical register write sounds like a
> very bad idea though, that seems likely to discard actual errors.

Right, in that case, a special error code might be used. But this
sounds like an overkill, too.

thanks,

Takashi

  Last update: 2015-03-02 20:21    [W:0.168 / U:0.180 seconds]