SubjectRe: [GIT PULL 00/24] perf/core improvements and fixes
On Fri, Mar 13, 2015 at 01:34:51PM +0100, Ingo Molnar wrote:

> * Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo <acme@kernel.org> wrote:
>
> > Infrastructure:
>
> > . Fix libbabeltrace detection (Jiri Olsa)
>
> So this still doesn't seem to work for me:
>
> ... libbabeltrace: [ OFF ]
>
> it should really not be included in the default build until the
> required library features are more widely available in distros.

the patch that moves babeltrace out of default
check wasn't pulled in yet:

also note there's another bug in test-all that prevents
the test-all speed up, fixed by this patch:

> I think we should only use library features by default that are
> available in the latest Fedora, SuSE and Ubuntu distros. We want them
> to build and package perf and there's little point in adding features
> that won't work on packaged up perf.

I think we should have the possibility to work and commit new
features even if the support is not yet in the main distros

for such features we could:
- leave those features out of the default features check
like we'll do for babeltrace
- maybe use some sort of EXPERIMENTAL config option dependency
once we have the .config file support ;-)

jirka

  Last update: 2015-03-13 14:01    [W:0.137 / U:1.440 seconds]