lkml.org 
[lkml]   [2015]   [Mar]   [13]   [last100]   RSS Feed
Views: [wrap][no wrap]   [headers]  [forward] 
 
Messages in this thread
/
Date
From
SubjectRe: block: fully initialize queue in blk_mq_init_allocated_queue
On Fri, Mar 13 2015 at  5:30am -0400,
Sergey Senozhatsky <sergey.senozhatsky@gmail.com> wrote:

> Commit c9e8c91f8a279b87eb0d94b037504ea9fc1bef7c
> Author: Mike Snitzer <snitzer@redhat.com>
> Date: Tue Mar 10 15:54:41 2015 -0400
>
> blk-mq: fix use of incorrect goto label in blk_mq_init_queue error path
>
> for some reason has moved queue allocation 'q = blk_alloc_queue_node()'
> after 'percpu_ref_init(&q->mq_usage_counter...)', so we are doing percpu
> init on something that is not a request_queue.
>
> Further commit 716452cd27b145d611e4399e7cc35df6c943686e
> Author: Mike Snitzer <snitzer@redhat.com>
> Date: Tue Mar 10 17:20:20 2015 -0400
>
> blk-mq: add blk_mq_init_allocated_queue and export
>
> has introduced abother issue.
> In blk_mq_init_queue() we allocate new request_queue:
> ...

Thanks, but I already fixed these 2 patches and pushed them to
linux-dm.git's for-next branch last night (I also posted v3 of the
corresponding patches to LKML at that time).

Sorry to waste your time, I've learned my lesson:

Don't validate a tree works and then decide to hurridly rebase before
pushing to linux-next, to get a fix before a feature, without re-testing
the result (prior to rebase, patches 1 and 2 were inverted and I didn't
have the extra blk_mq_init_queue -- that snuck in with the rebase).

Hopefully linux-next was able to pick up my new 'for-next' and we don't
have an entire weekend of linux-next crashes due to my idiocy.


\
 
 \ /
  Last update: 2015-03-13 13:41    [W:0.037 / U:30.548 seconds]
©2003-2018 Jasper Spaans|hosted at Digital Ocean and TransIP|Read the blog|Advertise on this site