SubjectRe: SPDX-License-Identifier
On Wed, Feb 04, 2015 at 05:41:08PM +0100, Stefan Roese wrote:
> Because of this it is really important to know the exact license(s) for each
> and every file. And they can vary very much. Here some examples:
>
> GPL v3 or later:
>
> scripts/dtc/dtc-parser.tab.c_shipped
> scripts/dtc/dtc-parser.tab.h_shipped
> scripts/kconfig/zconf.tab.c_shipped
> scripts/genksyms/parse.tab.h_shipped
> scripts/genksyms/parse.tab.c_shipped

I certainly hope the automated license clearing tools are smart enough
to distinguish random GPLv3 source files with the output of Bison
which has the additional clause:

/* As a special exception, you may create a larger work that contains
part or all of the Bison parser skeleton and distribute that work
under terms of your choice, so long as that work isn't itself a
parser generator using the skeleton or a modified version thereof
as a parser skeleton. Alternatively, if you modify or redistribute
the parser skeleton itself, you may (at your option) remove this
special exception, which will cause the skeleton and the resulting
Bison output files to be licensed under the GNU General Public
License without this special exception.

This special exception was added by the Free Software Foundation in
version 2.2 of Bison. */

Otherwise, these automated tools which general much noise that will
lead to panic-stricken legal beagles to seriously annoy the kernel
developers....

- Ted

  Last update: 2015-02-05 05:41    [W:0.211 / U:0.460 seconds]