SubjectRe: live kernel upgrades (was: live kernel patching design)
From
On Mon, Feb 23, 2015 at 9:17 AM, Jiri Kosina <jkosina@suse.cz> wrote:
> On Sun, 22 Feb 2015, Arjan van de Ven wrote:
> Of course, if you are random Joe User, you can do whatever you want, i.e.
> also compile your own home-brew patches and apply them randomly and brick
> your system that way. But that's in no way different to what you as Joe
> User can do today; there is nothing that will prevent you from shooting
> yourself in a foot if you are creative.

Sorry if I ask something that got already discussed, I did not follow
the whole live-patching discussion.

How much of the userspace tools will be public available?
With live-patching mainline the kernel offers the mechanism, but
random Joe user still needs
the tools to create good live patches.

--
Thanks,
//richard

  Last update: 2015-02-23 12:01    [W:0.728 / U:1.148 seconds]