SubjectRe: [RFC] Making memcg track ownership per address_space or anon_vma
From
On Thu, Feb 12, 2015 at 1:05 AM, Tejun Heo <tj@kernel.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 12, 2015 at 01:57:04AM +0400, Konstantin Khlebnikov wrote:
>> On Thu, Feb 12, 2015 at 12:46 AM, Tejun Heo <tj@kernel.org> wrote:

>> > Yeah, it would. Why wouldn't it?
>>
>> How do you plan to do per-memcg/blkcg writeback for balance-dirty-pages?
>> Or you're thinking only about separating writeback flow into blkio cgroups
>> without actual inode filtering? I mean delaying inode writeback and keeping
>> dirty pages as long as possible if their cgroups are far from threshold.
>
> What? The code was already in the previous patchset. I'm just gonna
> rip out the code to handle inode being dirtied on multiple wb's.

Well, ok. Even if shared writes are rare whey should be handled somehow
without relying on kupdate-like writeback. If memcg has a lot of dirty pages
but their inodes are accidentially belong to wrong wb queues when tasks in
that memcg shouldn't stuck in balance-dirty-pages until somebody outside
acidentially writes this data. That's all what I wanted to say.

> --
> tejun

  Last update: 2015-02-11 23:41    [W:0.051 / U:29.208 seconds]