    SubjectRe: [GIT PULL v4 0/6] EFI page table isolation

    * Matt Fleming <matt@codeblueprint.co.uk> wrote:

    > Folks,
    >
    > This patch series is a response to the report that the EFI region
    > mappings trigger warnings when booting with CONFIG_DEBUG_WX enabled.
    > They allocate a new page table structure and ensure that all the
    > mappings we require during EFI runtime calls are only setup there.
    >
    > It turns out that it still makes sense to share some page table
    > entries with 'swapper_pg_dir', just not the entries where we need to
    > allow security lax permissions. Sharing entries is useful for memory
    > hotplug, for example.
    >
    > When writing this series I discovered a number of bugs in the existing
    > code that only became apparent when we stopped using 'trampoline_pgd'
    > which already mapped a bunch of things for us. I've put those bug
    > fixes at the start of the series.
    >
    > Further testing would be very much appreciated as this is a
    > notoriously funky area of the EFI code.

    Ok, this series looks great to me - I've applied this to tip:x86/efi and will push
    it out to linux-next after it passes some local testing.

    There should be time enough before v4.5 to figure out potential bugs.

    Thanks,

    Ingo

      Last update: 2015-11-29 09:41    [W:4.721 / U:0.008 seconds]